Thursday, May 3, 2012

Non-traditional Bircher Muesli



I have yet to understand how some people dislike breakfast. I ADORE breakfast. Perhaps it’s because I’m a morning person…or maybe it’s the feeling of peace and solitude that fills me. There is just something so lovely about fresh pressed juices, a great cup of coffee or tea and a bowl of oats.

This recipe was actually featured in my Earth Day To Be Nourished Newsletter. If you haven’t signed up yet, click here. My newsletter is sent monthly and includes articles on healthy eating and living, a featured recipe, upcoming events, and favorite products. Now back to the Bircher Muesli J I enjoyed this Muesli so much that I thought I’d share it with all of you! This delicious bowl of “oat-y” goodness requires no electricity and can be prepared the night before. Now you have no excuse to skip breakfast because it’s quick, nutritious and delicious!


* Please note, this recipe makes 1 serving


Ingredients:
½ cup of old fashioned rolled oats
½ cup of almond milk (coconut, hemp or organic dairy can be used)
½ cup of cultured almond milk (kefir, Greek yogurt, or organic yogurt can be used)
½ cup of mixed berries (or fruit of your choice)
¼ cup of raw almonds (thinly sliced)
Dash of cinnamon
Raw honey – just a squeeze (your preference)



Directions:
Combine the oats, almond milk and cinnamon. Stir and cover in the fridge overnight.


Just before eating, mix in the cultured almond milk (or yogurt), top with berries and almonds and a squeeze of honey for sweetness.


Grab a spoon, dive-in, and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment